Canada is among the favourite countries for individuals to reside in. This is really because their governments were responsible for making a system of life centered on giving the best conditions to its residents. Furthermore, it is among the nations with the most natural cities and its government make it a highly environmental destination that usually takes complete advantage of its resources without negatively impacting the environment.
Its levels of life are so high that Three of the primary metropolitan areas are in the ranking of the TEN metropolitan areas with the best quality of life on earth, particularly: Vancouver, Toronto and also Ottawa (More on: eta Canada).One of the most curious facts is that it was in Canada where the glove was designed, in 1883, despite the fact that Canadian sports par excellence are lacrosse and ice hockey. And also, to carry on with the list, we enumerate some other exciting information below.
- 1. In Canada, there is a ratio of 1 educator for each and every 12 students, that facilitates an individual education which has brought the country to possess one of the best educational systems in the world, with the largest production of adults of productive age that have had college education. In addition, each area is autonomous and they are generally free to create their very own academic method because there is no national system to govern it.
- 2. In 1967 the very first UFO airstrip in the world was built in the province of Alberta, particularly in San Paul, Canada. The original idea belongs to ??W. R. Treleaven and also Ken Reed and it consisted in making a little airstrip that would be built utilizing stones from each province of Canada. Additionally, official flags will be placed around it representing all the provinces and, in the center, it will be put a time capsule having directions to be opened up on June 3, 2067.
- 3. Another of the most unusual characteristics of Canada could be found in their traditions. Among the major traditions of the country, there is the so-called “Polar Bear Plunge.” It is actually a type of ritual that consists of welcoming the New Year through a cold bath in the Pacific Ocean every January 1st. Annually, thousands of Canadians perform this exercise.
- 4. The name of the nation derives from the Iroquois ancient word “kanata”, in whose interpretation indicates “settlement” or “hut set”, the word was initially used by the traveler Jacques Cartier (More on: eta Canada). For the researcher Juan Francisco Maura, the term Canada originates from the name given by the Basque and Portuguese fishermen to the channel between island of Newfoundland and also the Labrador Peninsula.
- 5. Canada is the 2nd nation with the clearest air on the planet. Its main cities are made of eco-friendly infrastructures, distributed in a way that instantly decongests traffic. In addition to that, its production follows the idea of ??renewable energy and provides its products a recyclable and also biodegradable treatment.